The NSW Government has announced a range of COVID Grants for Businesses and more recently the Disaster Relief Payment for Individuals who have been impacted by a Public Health order and cannot work.
We outline these range of options below:
INDIVIDUAL RELIEF AVAILABLE – Disaster Relief Payment
There is a lump sum payment available for have lost work and income due to NSW Covid19 Public Health order.
- You can get it even if you’re eligible on only one day during a payment period.
- If you’re a member of a couple, you can both claim this payment. You and your partner will need to make separate claims.
- If you’re a sole trader, you may be eligible for this payment. You should check if you’re eligible for a NSW business support payment first.
- If you want to apply for a NSW business payment, you need to decide which is best for you. You can’t get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment and the business payment at the same time. You can read more about business grants and financial assistance on the NSW Government website.
- To get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
- This includes all of these rules:
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you’re 17 years or older
- you’re not getting an income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance or Education Allowance
- you’re not getting the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you’ve lost hours of work and income due to a lockdown in your state and don’t have any pandemic-related paid leave entitlements
The amount of payment you can receive will depend on your situation and where you live. Full details are provided here.
To make your claim, please visit the Services Australia website here or through your MYgov.
BUSINESS GRANTS AVAILABLE IN NSW
1. Small business fees and charges rebate (all businesses in NSW with total wages below $1.2m and have an ABN with business premises within NSW)
- One-off Payment of $1,500
2. Covid-19 Business Grant (Turnover >$75k for 2020 financial year. Must be spent on Business expenditure)
- One-off payment of:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30%
- $10,500 for a decline of 50%
- $15,000 for a decline of 70%
3. Micro Business Grant (turnover $30k-75k p.a. AND at least 30% decline in turnover)
- $1,500 per fortnight
4. Jobsaver Scheme (Turnover >$75k and 30% decline in turnover)
- between $1,500 and $100,000 per week (calculated as 40% of weekly payroll)
- Non-employing business can receive $1,000 per week
If you have any questions or require confirmation from your accountant in relation to these assistance measures please contact Neil Lollback(firstname.lastname@example.org) without hesitation.
To apply for any of these rebates via service NSW click on this link.