Just a reminder of the deadlines by which you need to finalise your payroll obligations for the 20/21 financial year:
If using STP:
- finalisation declaration by 14 July 2021. (However the ATO recognise the impact of COVID on the business community and have provided additional time to 31 July 2021)
- employers with closely held employees:
- 20 or more employees – finalisation declaration for closely held employees is due 30 September and all other employees is due 14 July
- 19 or fewer employees with ONLY closely held employees – finalisation declaration is due based on the employees income tax return due date.
If NOT yet using STP:
- payment summaries to employees by 14 July 2021
- payments summaries and annual statement to ATO by 14 August?2021
Need Further Assistance??
We help many clients at this time of year with their year-end payroll process, Workcover wage declarations and contractor reporting. Our assistance can range from a refresher on how to do this correctly yourself, right through to taking care of all the reconciliations and lodgements. More information can be found here on the ATO website.
Please also see the links below for more software specific help.